Tuesday, December 26, 2006

a tender tennesee new year's is the only new year's for me

Rumor has it that Christmas is over. You may be wondering what tipped me off. It was KOIT. Tonight it was back to normal light rock less talk, love songs after dark instead of the Christmas carols it has been playing since I've been back. But that's OK I can handle it, I'm just going to a KOITless land, Memphis. My flight leave tomorrow morning at 6am, what did I get myself into? I hate mornings, especially when it is cold and when I am completely unaccustomed to having a normal sleeping schedule. I'll be gone until the third and Amy said she wants to hear about what actually is going on in my life so that should be interesting. Some things are better left unsaid in mass e-mails.
But on things that can be shared,
-Last week I was gently tossing my phone across the room at my mom and it broke. Sadness, I know, but now I got my number transferred to one of my dad's old phones and at least 95% of the keys work.
- The same person won the Christmas Eve poem contest that won the Christmas costume contest last week. I would be bitter but seriously you can't really be bitter at someone who can write the best bad poem. I keep forgetting that to win you need to make fun of everyone in the room and anyone that should have been in the room but bailed. Next year that plaque is mine.
-Last Thursday and Saturday I worked for DMG Engineering. Sounds impressive, yeah? DMG just happens to be my brother-in-law, I am a firm believer in using all family-ties to my monetary advantage. Although I've yet to be paid, any job you can do while wearing your red flannel penguin pajama pants is a good one.
-Last night we played the Family Feud DVD game. Our team definitely should have won but when you are asked "what are the top five human foods that dogs like to eat?" meat, steak, beef, hamburger, and chicken should not all be counted as different answers.
So I hope your Christmas was cheery and bright and that your post-Christmas week is fabulous.
Love, Joy

No comments: