Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I wish I was ambidextrous

Hey you, how's it going? Today I started one of my glamorous jobs, it's in the interior design industry. Move over Ty Pennington, I'm stealing your job. OK maybe that isn't going to happen quite yet. It is all in who you know and I know my cousin, and she needed help stripping wall paper in her house. Billy thought it should only take us two days but if we continue at the same pace I think 2 weeks is a more realistic approximation. I just wish my left hand was more useful, because seriously my right side is very very sore. Although I'm sure it's not a problem that Ib Profin can't fix, I mean besides Salvation what problems can't Ib Profin fix? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.
Last week I went to Davis, I love that place, why did I ever leave? I know the whole graduation/I hate school thing but lots of people take more than four years. I guess we're all lucky I didn't take that route because without my departure you wouldn't be getting this e-mail. During my visit, besides hanging out with really cool people, I got to go to Zia's. Oh how I have missed their sandwiches! And I went to Border's twice. Why didn't I go there more often? They don't kick you out for not buying anything and you don't get as many dirty looks for being loud during finals week as you do at coffee shops.
From Friday to Tuesday I was in Pasadena and Huntington Beach with my mom. While I was there I was able to continue putting my major to use. I socialized. That is what you do with Sociology, right? Good thing I went to school for that because some of the people I had to hang out with were pretty lame. Just kidding, I love you all dearly.
Tonight I went over to my sister's to watch Gilmore Girls tapes. It was BYOTV since they just moved and their TV hasn't made it over yet. Some people may not think that watching TV is a good bonding time but I totally disagree. If you're with the right people any activity can be used to make you even closer.
I guess in the States I mostly just hang out with people, which happens to be my favorite thing to do. It also is one the things I do the least of in Nicaragua. Now I have less to write because I communicate verbally with much greater frequency.
It is getting late and I need to get rested for day two of attacking walls with the steamer and scraper, I know you are jealous.
Love, Joy

No comments: