Wednesday, December 20, 2006

if you don't think my posts normally contain important information than this one might just prove your point. but who knows, maybe not

Yesterday I didn't get dressed until 3pm, yup and even then what I was wearing looked quite similar to what I normally sleep in. "What caused this lapse in fashion judgment?" you may ask, but I think it was a culmination of many things. Although life here seems so much easier maybe that isn't always a good thing. I think I over compensate and just stress myself out. Just because there are things that I can do here doesn't necessarily mean I should do them. I was telling my dad the other day that I haven't been calling people back because I'm not driving a lot and when I'm at home I don't feel like being on the phone because it is a waste of time. He told me that I need to not worry about multi-tasking. I guess here I just feel my time is limited that I need to get things done, and save money, and hang out with everyone imaginable because when I am in Nicaragua I don't have those options. But honestly by Saturday night I was dead, and then all the family and babies were over.

Sunday night was my sister's 4th annual Christmas costume party. I was a Salvation Army bell ringer. I didn't win any prizes but when you are competing against an entire Christmas tree farm you can't really expect to win. Oh and the fact that I was too lazy to carry around my bucket and bell most people thought I was a Target worker. I also didn't get any monetary donations, but Tinsel Town Barbie did give me a pack of gum and some trash. For your viewing pleasure I've attached a picture.


Monday I spent shopping with my sister, and then we finished it up today. Speaking of today, the sweater I am wearing is shedding everywhere, it is like that prom dress I had with all the glitter. Except instead of leaving a trail of hot pink glitter I am leaving gray wool. Maybe it is not that close of a correlation.

I had not been going to coffee quite so much but today was really cold. I went to Starbucks three times. I think my drinks got progressively worse and the first one wasn't even that great. Oh well, I guess it is time to cut back again. Another problem that I don't deal with in Central America, Sampson's Frozen Cappachinos are always magically delicious.

On Friday I might go to work. Really, who would want to waste a day working? But a girls got to do what a girls got to do. And it will get me out of babysitting.
Merry week of Christmas!
Love, Joy
PS Tune in next week for the results of the "2nd Annual Christmas-Eve Poetry Contest"

No comments: