Wednesday, August 5, 2009

jobs

I now have not one but TWO jobs (three if you count watching "Oprah" with Mrs. Johnson). Both of them are paid and one of them is not a joke, neither of them are full time. You may wonder where this step into stable adulthood came from, good question. They were previously closed doors and then within the week they opened. I clearly believe that these opportunities (with virtually no effort on my part) are God's way of telling me that it's time for me to be here for a while, so I will.

Job 1: Hello again Dowd and Guild. Last Jan/Feb I found my self as assistant to a personal assistant at the lovely chemical sales firm, Dowd and Guild. I went in twice a week for four or five hours, probably a total of 9 times, to run errands and order pictures at costco.com. All that effort paid off (and the aptitude test I took last week) because starting tomorrow I will be working there Monday to Friday 9-1. There is the opportunity to go full-time but I let them know that I am not sure if I'm really ready to do the full-time thing. We'll see. Oh yes, I'll be an office manager aka receptionist. I'm really excited, the job seems to offer adequate diversity of tasks and I really like the company. I'll have to come up with five business casual outfits every week, except the week of the 12th -18th because I'm taking those as vacation days.

Job 2: S3Technologies, Inc commonly known as "Little Caesar's Guy" For some reason I really hit it off with Indian men, first thousands of free books in Nicaragua and now a job. In March I got this job interviewing Little Caesar's customers. This venture capitalist owns a few Little Caesar's and was interested in opening another one so I had to find out where people we coming from so they could decide on a good future location. Now he has hired me again but for something completely different. He wants to open a new salad restaurant, I guess they are all the rage right now. From what I understand I am in charge of the menu. So I've gone to eat at our future competitors to discover all their secrets and have been making lists and charts of crucial salad toppings and popular recipes. We'll also be offering some sandwiches so now I need to do the same research but for those. When we nail down what is on the menu I get to decide how to display it and then work on marketing (I guess at the women's gyms in the area). I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm taking things one step at a time.

So there you go folks, I hope that clears up some miscommunication about me becoming a Mexican citizen (at least for now). Now it's time to find something to wear.

Love, Joy

1 comment:

Laurel said...

which job is not a joke?