Friday, August 21, 2009

wedding and work

Last weekend I went to San Diego to participate in the wedding festivities that correspond with the the previous post's faux wedding. It was super wonderful to spend so much concentrated time with my college roommates.
Here we are: The groom is in the suit and the bride in the white dress and veil
I drove down (with the two girls on the right) in my little Honda and discovered I can get 400mi/tank with freeway driving, that is very exciting since I won't be getting a hybrid anytime soon.

I've hit a dead end at the restaurant job for now. I've turned in all of my initial reports and am waiting for him to assign me something else to do.

I haven't gone to my office job all that many times yet but so far I really like it. 9 to 1 is a really great schedule, someone asked me if I have kids because I guess if I did that would be the perfect hours to work. The HR lady told me to not just have kids because of the schedule, I agree. So what do I actually do...
1) I drive to work, it takes me exactly 30 minutes.
2) I answer the phone and transfer calls.
3) I listen to people tell me about their lives.
4) I file papers.
5) I run reports (I don't really know what that means but it encompasses a variety of things and takes a lot of time)
6) I mail things.
7) I book reservations.
8) On Mondays I open Saturday's mail.
9) I do anything that THT tells me.

Right now I am at a coffee shop drinking iced tea, waiting for my college roommate Katie (on the right) we are going to motivate one another to do projects. My project it putting together a photo album from the last 3 years of my life.

1 comment:

colleen said...

yaaay projects

i like your dress :)