Thursday, January 24, 2008

directions

NORTH
I'm going to Oregon tomorrow for the weekend. Once we get there I think it should a fine trip. The ride should be an adventure. I'm going with my sister, two-and-a-half-year-old niece, four-month-old nephew, and my mom. Emma (my niece) likes to talk a lot and Grady (my nephew) likes to spit-up a lot. We'll be visiting my grandfather and buying tax free items.
SOUTH
I've still been working. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm in San Ramon. A few weeks ago I went to meet my boss for an interview thing, when I was half way there I realized that maybe it really was an interview and I shouldn't have worn jeans and 5 year old Vans slip-ons. He informed me that the office is “business casual,” no jeans. But I guess when you have the proper connections first impressions aren't as important. I decided that my proper title is “research-assistant” I assist my boss in researching things like home ceiling speakers and tripods. I'm pretty sure I could do all of this while wearing jeans but at least there is variety .
FURTHER SOUTH
Although I don't have an excess of funds or time right now last night I booked a flight to Puerta Vallerta, Mexico. I'll get picked up there and driven inland to Mascota. Think back to my first mass e-mail/blog posting in August '06. That was my first trip down to Mascota, right before I moved to Nicaragua. I know a lady Luz from San Diego that moved back to Mascota to be a missionary in her home town. The last time I went I was so blessed to see the heart Luz has for her people. I am excited to go again (with Jack Fliehmann, a man from my church here) a get to assist Luz in her service. I'll be there from January 31st to February 8th.
EAST
This Sunday and Monday I spent in Davis. I got injured twice on Sunday. First, while eating my egg roll at lunch part of the crispy shell stabbed me between my tooth and the roof of my mouth. It hurt and gave me a blister type thing that lasted all day. Then, Sunday night, I was at my friends house watching a movie and I decided to switch seats and sit in the bowl chair (I think they have an official name). It tipped over and I got a bruise on my bicep I guess because it is so big it hit the frame of the chair on the way down. Then what happened? I tried to get back in the chair and it tipped over, again. The second time I wasn't injured and the third time I was able to stay seated for the rest of the movie. I had a great time seeing people and things. I love that place.
WEST
I don't really have anything to say about Western travels. I did work in Walnut Creek today, I checked the accuracy of files for six hours. I know it sounds sounds exciting but it really isn't bad and it pays well.
HERE
It is a little on the chilly side right now but when I was driving to get blood work done this morning I could see snow on Mt. Diablo so that was exciting.
My hair has been a little crazy lately. Tuesday on the way to work I pulled a John Eklund and wore a hat during my commute so that my hair would stay down. When I got to the office I pulled off my beanie and presto! It was fixed. Tonight after I washed it I thought I would try out the brushing thing. I'll let you know how it works.
My plan is to return to Nicaragua February 20th.

No comments: