Monday, January 14, 2008

work...work...work

Yesterday at Church was missions Sunday, I spoke and had a slide show about Nicaragua. It was less traumatizing than I was expecting. There was an open time for questions. Some people say there is no such thing as a bad question, I totally disagree. If you think my e-mails are good you really should have heard me in person. It is available on CD if you're into that.
I think my mom is under the impression that I don't like being back just because I can't afford going to the movies. That is not true, I've been having an amazing time. I will now fill in on some highlights.
In Huntington Beach I got to see some cool people (you know who you are) and I got to see the musical Wicked. It was wicked good. I also got to work at WaMu one day and put my label making skills to good use.
When I got back, last Tuesday, I had an interview type thing at Dowd and Guild. You may have never heard of them but I am an official short-term, part-time employee. I am Dowd's personal assistant's assistant. I will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 to 4. So far I've done really important things like make a calendar so that the three men that share a sailboat know which week they have it. I also went to Staples to buy pads of paper and then back to Staples to return them. I think Thursday was my trial day and I'm pretty sure I passed since I have a company e-mail address and computer password.
Also last week I picked up another part-time job. I'm back to being a short-term, part-time employee at East Bay Regional Data. I get to file papers for ten hours a week on Wednesdays and Fridays. Pretty exciting. Wednesdays and Fridays aren't the best days to work there though because Mondays they have catered lunches, oh well.
I'm trying to keep up with my side jobs too. Saturday morning at 7, I started cleaning houses and continued until about 4. Sunday (the day of rest) I hemmed pants. I also have been working on a love poem for my friend to give to her husband but I think it need a few more stanzas. So really if you had been doubting my versatility you should stop.
This morning I really wanted to make biscuits and chocolate gravy. I don't know how to make gravy so I was a little stressed. Then this paper towel I had put on the counter caught on fire. I was like "ah, fire, fire" and then my sister started beating it out with the spatula. Then she took over the gravy making altogether and I stuck with the bacon and biscuits. Anyways they turned out good but we still haven't gotten them perfected yet so it was a little like biscuits and chocolate pudding (not a bad thing just not grandma style).
I hope your Monday is going swell.
Love, Joy

No comments: