Tuesday, October 2, 2007

not too much here, and you?

Well I've been a little less consistent lately with these fill ins but for most of last week we didn't have internet so that had an adverse effect on my connection with the world. But you were not forgotten.

This weekend my roommate was house sitting and I stayed with her. You know in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory every things is hyper fabulous dream world. That is what this house was like. There was hot water straight from the tap, big nice couches, a big screen TV with a fancy sound system, king sized beds, a pool, cheerios, no bugs. I think you get the picture. It was nice.

Yesterday was not bad considering it was a Monday. In first grade this kid Leonardi pulled this girl Adriana's hair. Then I guess she responded by smacking him in the face. Way to go! Then he curled up in a ball on the floor and was crying. I checked on him and he was fine but he wouldn't get off the floor. And the next time I looked at him he was sleeping. Once again, why don't I bring my camera anywhere? Actually the school part was probably one of the best ones yet.

However, I've been fighting some cold or dengue since last Thursday and haven't been sleeping well so that puts a damper on things. But last Monday during my 2 hour afternoon break I fell asleep in the office. I was reading and just put my head back and the next thing I knew it was a half hour later. Today I was able to stay awake and finally finished my Monday book, The Book on the Bookshelf. It was long but made me want to be a better writer, and I learned all sorts of stuff.
Next Thursday my dad is coming to visit for a while. He said he is nervous, me too. But it should be good we can go to lots of coffee shops and he can bring me down cereal. Why am I so obsessed with cereal? I was just taking a shower and trying to figure it out. As you probably know if you have tried to bond with me in the mornings I am not what one would call an early riser (this Saturday someone called at 8 and I almost killed him but then I got french toast). I think that a quality cereal, or any easily prepared breakfast food, really makes those rushed early mornings just a little bit happier.

On other news...This week the power turns back on at 7pm, yay. Tonight I am making falafel for dinner, yum. On Sunday night I had a quality conversation with someone that normally drives me crazy, hallelujah. I hate conflict, surprise. Our internet went out last Monday, on Friday I called them to fix it, they asked me my last name and said “OK it's on now,” nice. I just went running and now have the sore throat itch ears thing going on, no. Have a nice day, bye.

No comments: