Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Two months until Christmas, you know what that means

I skipped another week,
But this shouldn't be too bleak,
I now have a lot to say,
Maybe it will brighten your day.

I figured a poem is in store,
Just on the basics, not more,
It should keep things upbeat.
Now you may want to take a seat.

I've told you there have been robberies at my school,
And I think we all agree that is far from being cool.
Last week a neighborhood boy died
This country is so messed up I could have cried

The next day my dad came to stay,
We did tons of things, about a thousand a day,
And my life of ease and luxury ended,
Hopefully reading my e-mail he won't be offended.

He came to school his first day here,
I had to make sure he stayed near,
He has the tendency to leave the classroom and roam,
Fortunately I had time, half my kids had stayed home.

The weekend was full of lots of restaurants,
And a little with church and visiting old haunts,
I got to make decisions and practice my patience,
With my father whom is great but a little high-maintenance.

On Monday to Selva Negra we went,
Some quality time in the mountains we spent,
It's a coffee farm where you can go and rest,
Or if your name is John, you can talk to every guest.

On Tuesday we headed back to Managua,
And on the way stopped in Matagalpa.
I got to see a lobster-handed lady,
Much like my man, the original Grady.

The road from the mountains isn't that great,
Especially since there has been rain 45 days straight.
The pot holes were big, are car was small,
The right rear tire was not stable at all.

On Wednesday my dad remembered a town,
That he had seen his last time around.
It was up a hill and had a nice view,
That description doesn't help me, how about you?

I think we went to dinner every night,
With different people with whom I've grown tight.
And Saturday in Granada I got to eat a waffle,
Let me tell you, it wasn't awful.

I'll sum things up, because this is getting bad,
My time was great with my dad.
His flight was early morning yesterday,
But I have have two more months left of my stay.

My roommates here have been driving me mad,
I'm partially annoyed and partially sad.
I have a lot to learn about living with others,
Especially since Christ wants us to be lovers.

I just watched Kindergarten Cop,
That Arnold is governor I think is notch-top.
"the most perfectly developed man in the history of the world," he's been named,
I'm excited that my Davis diploma was signed by someone so famed.

I think that's all the details I can remember for now,
If you want to be in my e-mail now you know how,
Come for a visit I'd love to see you for sure,
As long as it's before the fifteenth of December.

1 comment:

hopenicaragua said...

Joy, a girl with so much beauty
Will leave the Juns grumpy
For she "se fue luz"
And the Juns with no paz
will long for her smile
that lingered a while...

hey, joy, rhyming is too hard, but hope you get the point, at least.. love you
jen