Thursday, January 18, 2007

A day late and a dollar short

Hello people, sorry for the delay I was in Davis and couldn't get to a computer or think of anything to say, but alas maybe on Thursday nights my e-mailing skills are even better.
On Sunday I was telling one of my friends that I have been feeling emotionally detached lately. Today I was chopping pecans to put in my mom's birthday pie and I started crying. Yeah not with onions but pecans. I could give you a long analytical reason why but instead I won't.
In Nicaragua there are all these things to write about and they are rather separate from life here. But here most of my life is relational and those issues are probably better in "Dear diary" form than in "Dear everyone I have ever met" form. Oh well, as you have probably noticed I still find plenty to say.
Last night I got reprimanded because I was sitting at the table at Starbucks that you are supposed to make available to customers with disabilities. I stayed there, I am just as disabled as the next customer. Then later last night I was watching TLC and it was a special about 16 year old conjoined twins. As much as I love my sister I am glad that we do not share a body, although I'm sure then people would have no problem with me sitting in the table for the disabled.
Today the ol' Celebrity gave me a scare, I was driving home and it started shaking like crazy. At first I thought it was just a lot of bumps on the road but then it didn't stop. I'm still rather confused by the whole situation, at the time I was pretty sure that I was going to explode. One positive side effect was, since it rattled less when I drove slower, I did a very good job following the speed limit for the first time in my life. Except on the freeway then I would purposefully position myself behind a big truck so then I wouldn't feel totally left out driving 45 miles per hour. Did I mention I seriously thought I was going to die? Well maybe not die but at least need some serious dental work. I am fine, don't worry, and I don't need a car until November so I guess the timing was perfect.
Have a great Friday!
Love, Joy
I LEAVE FOR NICARAGUA ON JANUARY 27TH

No comments: