Tuesday, January 9, 2007

So much to say...

Wednesday: Last Wednesday I flew home. My flight was very uneventful. I read The Hiding Place in it's entirety and then "Spirit" magazine. On the 13th there is a Rubik's cube championship at the Exploratorium and the fastest time now is 11 seconds. That is without pealing off and reattaching the stickers. I got home at midnight and there was a present for me from McGraw-Hill. Thanks to viewers like you, a box full of curriculum for teaching beginning English was donated. I didn't even know what I was looking for but someone did. God just blows me away sometimes. I know that He always provides for but still I think that eventually I'm going to face a task that He is going to want me to stress over. But I really don't think that is how He works.You know the whole being "able to to exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think" thing. In summary I will use the words of Aunt Maria "Praise the Lord."
Thursday: We'll just ignore the fact that this was a day.
Friday: On Friday I got dressed, made scones, and had a tea party. I was on a roll until half way through the tea party I started feeling sick again so I went and watched TV until dinner. For dinner we had barbecued steak, which as I learned in Tennessee, is not the same as having barbecue.
Saturday: Saturday I got dressed and left the house. I took down the outside Christmas lights and replaced a fuse in my car. I guess one burnt out while I was gone. Kinda fishy if you ask me, but gasoline had mysteriously appeared as well, so it was a good trade. I also added oil and some other liquid, so you should be impressed by my mechanical skills.
Sunday: In the afternoon on Sunday I started unpacking some boxes of stuff from my apartment in Davis. Then that evolved into me cleaning out the cupboards in my bathroom. I had two blow dryers and like five brushes. I don't use one brush let alone five, and seriously when was the last time I used a blow dryer? Never. Oh and there was a bunch of conditioner, another thing I have no use for. Somehow this stuff just accumulates. On Sunday night I really wanted Peet's coffee so I decided to get my dad to volunteer to take me. You know for some father daughter bonding time. He talked on the phone to my brother-in-law for 18 minutes so not much verbal bonding was had. Then we went to Safeway and when we were in the parking lot walking to the car he thought he saw one of his friend's cars so he had us go back in the store to find him. It ended up being someone else's car. This brings up one area in which I am not at all like my father. Usually when I see people I turn the other direction, or go down a different hall, or step into a store, something like that. I definitely don't go chasing people down. Does that make me a snob?
Monday: I went to work. It was totally like a real job, one that I couldn't wear sweatpants to. Actually I think I could have worn anything I wanted because this summer the dress-code bar was definitely lowered. I consider what I worked to be "full time" but I guess technically 5 hours is not a full day. But seriously how can people work for longer than that? My mom asked me what I did and I said I listened to my iPod. Dave changed the computer passwords and then wasn't there so I couldn't even check my e-mail. Right, so what did I do? Stuff related to filing. All those alphabetization skills I picked up along my path of life really helped out. Another exciting thing at work was that it was luncheon day so I got free food. Monday night I watched Step Up, I won't go into details about that experience.
Tuesday: Work again. Jay fixed my computer. I like it better when Dave helps because he actually knows that my sister and I are different people. Well maybe Jay knows this but just thinks that I want JulieGonsalves as my user ID. Now I am set but I need to make sure I don't turn into the girl at the desk next to me that is always on MySpace. How did she even get that job? I mean I got mine because I'm related to the CEO, but I think the screening process is getting a little lax. I only worked for four hours today, so I'm going to have to go in overtime if I want to meet my quota of 25 hours this week. That brings us pretty much to now, plus or minus a few phone conversations.
Love, Joy

No comments: