Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Guess who's back.

I am.
I got back last night around 5 after a full day of flying. I flew back with my brother Joel and for the first leg of the flight we sat together. Lucky Joy got to sit between him and this guy that smelled like smoke and was wearing socks and flip flops . Other than that it was pretty uneventful, Just My Luck was supposed to be on but instead they played Little Man. I didn't put on the headphones and tried my hardest not to look up because I was pretty sure that I would get stupider if I did, and lets face it I don't have IQ points to just throw away. In Houston we were able to get on an earlier flight that made our layover 3 hours shorter, that was nice. So during that flight, with no movie, whenever I started to get bored out of my mind I would just think that my other option was to be still sitting at the airport. That flight I wasn't sitting next to Joel, but in between two older ladies. I wasn't in my assigned seat because I guess people have problems reading the numbers so just sit where ever they feel like, and I am just too kind to ask them to move. The lady on my right was playing the handheld Nintendo thing. It cracked me up because she was old, but I guess still hip, hipper than I am since I don't even know what those things are called.
In San Fransisco got picked up by my whole family, I told Joel that it was expected for the return of the prodigal daughter. My niece Emma came and about 70% of the ride she was showing off that she knows my name. She calls me Doy, I would be offended but she is only 1 1/2 and other relatives, that are much older, still call me Boy.
So far I have done some really exciting things in California. I do like the fall season, and it is cold here, so today I got to wear layers, but not Nica layers like two tank tops, but a tank top and a long sleeved shirt and a jacket. And the coolness made taking a hot shower even more amazing, I really forgot how clean it feels when you can put your whole body under the water instead of just one limb at a time, and wow my hair is completely different. I also got to drive an automatic. And I went to lunch with my sister at the coffee shop formerly known as Tackers. Also I talked on the phone, for all lengths of time and I never had to think about if what I was saying was really worth $.30 a minute (but maybe it is good to think of that).
Today I had to make some photo copies, just 15 and I brought my own paper. Anyways my mom gave me a pre-paid card but when I took it to the counter the lady told me that it would make more sense to just pay the $.75 because the pre-paid card was for the price of the copies if I used their paper. Sadly I had to tell her that I didn't actually have $.75, so I went to see if I had any in my car but there was only 4 dimes. Finally she told me that she would just use half of the card I brought it, over all it was a pretty pathetic experience. Maybe tomorrow my big outing will be to the ATM.
I guess some people think that I should continue these while I am in the states and in theory I agree, we will see if it happens in reality. I mean I don't want to leave you in suspense about whether or not I made it to the ATM. Plus I do have some pretty exciting job prospects that should make for fascinating stories. It is funny what jobs people think of me for, I think it stems from being perpetually poor.
So brief recap I am back in the land of milk and honey and would love to hear from you, so much that I'll probably answer my phone.
Love, Joy

No comments: