Thursday, July 1, 2010

welcome to july!

I like July. Tomorrow at work we’re having a BBQ for the 4th and I’m taking next week off. Today I get to redecorate the bulletin board in the kitchen. I like doing that; it puts my years of high school leadership to good use.

June on the other hand was a little rough work-wise. I think on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 meaning nothing goes how it is supposed to and 10 being everything going according to plan it would be about a 6. The problem with making mistakes constantly is I have to go back and fix them. Doing everything twice takes a lot more time than doing things correctly the first time. At first the mistakes really could be blamed on other people but looking back (especially the past two weeks) quite a few were completely my fault. Really I can’t blame anyone for me missing the big red warning on the Hilton website that said my credit card was about to be charged and the reservations are unchangeable. Thankfully God is gracious (and so are the people in hotel and airline customer service).

Last time I wrote about bringing in snacks to work and people not understanding the snacks were soccer mom classics. The next week there was another World Cup game (USA vs. Algeria) so I made rice krispie treats. My boss asked me what they were. I told him and his reaction very clearly gave away the fact that he had never heard of them. Actually I’d put money on the fact that he hasn’t heard of the cereal either. Another lady asked me if they were those things people make with marshmallow fluff. I guess rice krispie treat isn’t in her vocabulary either.

Other life news.

I think things are going well. My life is becoming more balanced. I enjoy doing un-work related things but they are less entertaining to write about.

The girl from work that ignored me last time I asked if she wanted to hang out after work changed her mind so we hung out on Monday and it was really good. I can add her to my list of new friends, I’m up to 4.

My lunch break is almost over I’d better be on my way.

No comments: