Thursday, July 15, 2010

life unexpected

I, surprisingly enough, don’t have a lot to say right now. But today is the designated day to send out an update so I will fill you in on two anecdotes from my week.
On Monday I was reminded why I never want to be a homeowner. I live at my parents’ currently and I have very little home responsibility. Well my parents were gone for a few days and my dad told me to make sure I turn off the sprinklers if I was going to park in the driveway because we have well water and if it dries on your car it is a mini-disaster. Well, you see, I remembered on my way home. But then when I pulled up to the house I had to bring in the garbage cans and bring in the mail and bring in the 6 burritos that my cousin was getting rid of and I got distracted. Tuesday morning at 6:40 I heard the sprinklers outside my window so I jumped out of my bed and threw on some sandals and turned them off. They had already thoroughly drenched my car s then I had to wash off the well water with city water. I guess I am the crazy person on the block that washes her car in her pajamas before 7am.
Last week I was off work. I saw quite a few people that get this little piece of spam. You are great. Now I am back to work. Yesterday I had a meeting with one of my bosses to keep him updated on the projects we have pending. He is very intense. I’ve been working for the company for almost a year and about 3 months ago he decided we should work more together. I am pretty good now at not being caught off guard and answering him confidently. Yesterday he asked me how many people I go to church with and if I know the pastor, I stammered out some answer and most likely he now thinks I’m in a cult. He wanted to know if I wanted to head up a service project at my church based on a book he recently had me read that I enjoyed. I said I’d think about it, I didn’t want to tell him what the likelihood is of a semi-inspirational service project getting approved. To some people this paragraph will make perfect sense, and you’ll understand my predicament. Others of you will have no idea what I’m talking about and that’s OK.
Lunch is over.
What’s going on with you?

No comments: