Thursday, August 16, 2007

Some more easy to read bullet points

  • Last night I wasn't really sure what the conversation was going on around me but then one of my roommates said "Joy probably doesn't appreciate us talking about this." For some reason they all have it in their heads that I don't like bathroom humor. I mean hello, what's not to like? Then this other girl was like I don't get it you have brothers. And I said yes, but in my family the girls wear dresses and stay in the kitchen.
  • Earlier in the afternoon our neighbor Anna was over, she is in second grade and was telling us a story about what we do. Like there is a girl named Rachel, she teaches health and another girl named Miss. Portanga, she teaches 5th grade, and Aimee who teaches 4th grade. When she got to me she said there is another girl that lives there named Joy, she doesn't have a job, she stays at home all day. So yes, the truth is out, I am a stay at home mom. I guess that makes sense financially, really my pay is just allowance.
  • It has been raining a lot lately, I think there is a hurricane in the Atlantic. While raining, and at night, it is cooler now. During the day, when it isn't raining, it is hot and humid and muddy.
  • Today in pre-school I got hit in the shoulder by a giant lego. I think I am going to have a bruise.
  • In the mornings I get driven to school by a man named Oscar, he doesn't ever understand my Spanish. So after two failed attempts at conversation this morning I think I am going to quit trying to make small talk and just use that 20 minutes to sleep.
  • On Sunday night I was frustrated because I was trying to sleep and my roommate was still reading so her light was on. The next two nights the electricity was out from 5 until 10:40. I think it was God's way of reinforcing that I shouldn't complain. It brings to mind the verse "Where no oxen are, the trough is clean; but much increase comes by the strength of the ox." Proverbs 14:4. I mean the correlation is so obvious I'm not even going to expound.
  • Last Sunday I went to a different Church with my roommate Aimee. I was confused for the majority of the time. Then during the interactive message this lady started walking around with a satin pouch on the end of a stick to collect the offering. If you gave enough she would sit down and write a receipt. Even in my love for multitasking I thought that was a little much.
  • My HSFA is over i think but has been replaced by SGIT (Shards of Glass In my Throat). I know, seriously, what the heck? I guess I should pick a talent besides eating glass to make it into the circus.
  • I've been trying to watch the news lately. Is it really that important that kids don't play with toys painted with lead based paint? I mean didn't everything used to be lead based? And maybe kids shouldn't eat their Barbies anyways.

No comments: