Wednesday, June 6, 2007

17 days til I'm back in the states

To whom it may concern:

Kid's Day was a success last Friday. My group played musical chairs but we didn't have music so I brought a pot and a spoon. Thanks to their lives of deprivation no one thought it was a terrible idea or anything and the kids were eager to be the ones making the noise. It didn't rain so that made things nice. However, the combination of the sudden sunshine and my polo shirt left me with a red V on my neck.

Friday night Kristen and I wanted to go out to dinner but didn't have private transportation so opted for public. First we took the bus and then got a taxi, on the way home we stuck with all taxi. The buses here are really cool, ours had one of those flashing orange traffic lights hanging up inside so we had quite the disco atmosphere. We were no worse for the wear except we did both smell pretty bad by the time we got home.

Last week they sprayed our apartment complex for bugs. When we heard the truck coming we had run to shut all the windows since they spray a mix of ddt and diesel. I've still been ending up with bites and right now I have a fat left hand.

Tonight my roommate from college, Katharine, is coming to visit for two weeks. I am very excited especially since my roommate here, Kristen, is leaving me on Thursday to marry my brother.

Sincerely, Joy Christina Eklund

No comments: