Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pobrecito Nicaragua

This morning my roommates painted one of our upstairs walls blue. It looks like the ocean.

There is a new restaurant (or something) in town called Hotter. If you change which letters are doubled you can guess what it is a knock-off of. If you can't figure it out wait until Cristina and I publish our book and you can see the picture.

The electricity has been off a lot lately. Today, eight hours. But in Bible Study we just finished reading the book How to Respond When You Feel Mistreated and we learned that the suffering the government makes us endure is an opportunity in itself to serve God.

Yesterday I went running and took the "Back Off" dog repellent that Kristen left me. I didn't have to use it. But it never ceases to amaze me how loudly the men here can make the kissing noises. Like it is easily heard over the sound of their motorcycles.

Katharine has been here visiting for a week now. When people come visit me Matthew gets super attentive. He's taken me to lunch twice this week and one day brought us bottled water to school. Plus he thinks Katharine and I should go see things so tomorrow he is sending us to Ometepe for the weekend with one of the Nicaraguan teachers. Ometepe is the highest lake island in the world and is formed by two volcanoes, I just looked on Wikipedia to get that info so I really don't have much to share. I told Matthew now that Jeremy and Cristina are gone he is responsible for me. He said I can't ride the bus anymore.

Katharine brought stuff to do crafts in my school. Last week we took pictures and made popsicle stick frames. We just got the pictures back this morning and they are so funny I don't know how I could ever be mad at my classes.

Speaking of school, I'm always a little about what is going on. But I think Monday is my last day and I have to turn in grades and then I'm on break (self imposed) until July 24th.

I wrote most of this out last night while lying on my bed watching mini-ants attack some other insect on my bedroom floor. Pretty intriguing.

It just started raining. Well "raining" is an understatement.

Te amo, Joy

No comments: