Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Today is Easter and I am writing my weekly update. Things have been pretty busy since I last wrote but much of my time was spent with people that speak English. When I actually talk to people then I don't feel the need to write as much. And the fact that I'm exhausted may have something to do with it as well. Right now all my roommates are gone because they have tomorrow off of school. I have class so will be home alone for probably the third night in my entire life and what better way to spend that time than comunicating with you.
Last Saturday morning I left for Costa Rica with eight other people. It is a fairly common belief that the trip would have been better if the group had topped off at six. But enough of that, I will let you fine people in on some things you could have learned about me if you were on the trip (which I probably would have loved).
1. As long as I have one person around me that I can relate to I can handle just about any situation. Fortunately on this trip I had one of those people. Unfortunately, that lowers my tolerance level with other less relateable people.
2. I have no concept of when people are upset at me. Usually I think that people are joking. But in my credit, once I find out I usually feel really bad.
3. The whole hand gas on ATVs is completely beyond me and also at times my sense of direction totally flees. But sometimes it is good for my pride when these flaws are openly displayed, especially when I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself being less annoying than certain traveling companions.
4. This really shouldn't be a numbered point but I figured I should stick with the theme. Last Sunday in Costa Rica we went to church, it was a treat because not only is Tica Spanish easier to understand but this kid translated for us. One of the things that the pastor talked about was how vultures they'll be flying around wherever and it will be beautiful but they are just looking for death. I should be the other way, looking for the good not the bad, the whole Philippians 4:8 thing. This is really difficult and takes constant training. And quite frankly conversations revolving around the faults of others can be amusing.
5. I have no idea how reading these e-mails of mine effects your perspective of me but I guess it is too late to worry about things like that.
6. One of these e-mails I should list all the things I did while in the process of writing (I've had a very short attention span lately).
7. Peace out yo.

No comments: