Wednesday, March 28, 2007

some parts of my life in picture, and some parts of my life not in picture

Hello again, I decided that now would be a good time to share some true to Nicaragua pictures. Sorry that none of them include me.

Nicaragua has it's prettiness too. On Friday night we went to a pizza restaurant called Meson Sur. The restaurant is really just the downstairs and patio of someone's house, I guess they don't really have zoning regulations in this country. But anyways it is really good and has an amazing view of a lagoon. Last time I went it was already too dark to actually see anything but this time it was early enough so I took a picture (actually I think someone else took it using my camera but that doesn't really matter).



They are opening a Smoothie and Salad shop near our house. This is probably the first one in the country. It is called Sambajuice. If you don't understand why this would be amusing (and probably illegal) look at the picture. But I don't really mind when Nicaragua rips off American things, we need all the help we can get.

On Monday night there was a crazy bat flying around our apartment, I think it was sick or something because eventually it landed in one of the pottery bowls we have on our shelves. My roommate, Aimee, then put a towel over the bowl and carried it outside still with no fight from the bat. She removed the towel and the bat stayed in the bowl, after about 5 minutes of it not moving I eventually braved taking a picture. Later on that night the bowl was empty so I guess in time it got over the tramatization of our little visit and flew away.

This next picture is of my 1st grade craft from last week. I realize it is missing a hand but at one point in time that wasn't the case. We made two of these people in each of my first grade classes. Coloring is usually a good way to kill time in class, the only problem is that most kids don't bring their own crayons and they always forget to return mine (that is the nice way to say steal). Now when they need to borrow their options include black, white, purple, and teal.

Last night, while watching Dancing with the Stars, I has a cup of tea with honey in it. When I finished I threw away the tea bag and left the cup on the counter. I guess this morning there were some ants in it so my roommate, Kristen, boiled water to pour in it. When I got back from school I took this picture. You know how as you are growing up you are told to not leave your stuff lying around because you don't have a maid to pick up after you? Yeah well here we do have one, so when dishes get left out by us they magically get put away for 3-5 days a week.

Now on to thing that are unrelated to these photos. I go in phases of wanting to read a lot and right now I am in one of those. I have read three full books and finished two since last Monday. Next week is Semana Santa and eight of us are leaving Saturday morning for Costa Rica. We will be there until next Thursday so I am sure I will have plenty of time continue reading. People are going to the States for the week and then returning and my mom is coming to visit at the end of April. So if you have been dying to send me something now is your chance. Mail doesn't really come here but things sent to Concord CA can be brought down to me so keep that in mind. Well I am off to do whatever things I'll spend time doing until I look at the clock and realize I should have been in bed a long time ago.

Love, Joy

No comments: