Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cosas buenas

Hello again. I guess last week some people found my post depressing so I figured I'd try to make this one more up-beat because let's face it, I'm a happy person.
1) It is mango season, and fortunately my mom didn't pass on her severe mango allergies to me. Our apartment complex is full of huge mango trees and the gardeners like us so they'll bring them to our house if we ask.
2) On Sunday we were in and out of church in under 3.5 hours. I think that's a record.
3) This guy that works at my school (I'm not sure what he does, gardens maybe?) wears overalls with the top half down, a red wwf t-shirt, and a white pinstripe New York hat quite regularly. It makes me laugh every time, because he's definitely got the gangster look down just ten years late.
4) My least controllable class is 1st grade B. On Monday their teacher didn't come so they all were sent home and I didn't have to "teach" them.
5) As soon as I finished my bowl of cereal yesterday morning Leo came and took it from the table to wash it. Talk about quality service.
6) Within the last week both the boy I tutored in math and my Korean students told me that they can't come any more. I am definitely over having that responsibility but now I'll have to come up with some other way to keep myself occupied other than my four hours of teaching four days a week.
7) Today one of my friends came help me at school. She whistled "This is the Day that the Lord Has Made" with her hands.
8) A few weeks ago my brother came he down and brought us a wireless router (paid for by my niece), so now when the electricity is on we have wireless internet. Supposedly we are going to start having electricity rations again but no more than two hours a day, thank you Daniel Ortega.
9) On Saturday I went to this thrift store "MegaBotique," I bought two pairs of shorts for 25 cordobas ($1.50).
10) Then I went to this bookstore that has new and used books in Spanish and English. The lady said the magazines were free and I figured I would take a few for my school but the lady told me to take them all and to leave my e-mail address so she could let my know when she has more. I was already able to use some for a project with my Monday afternoon classes.
Well 10 seems like a popular number to stop at. Even though things can be frustrating life is good.
Love, Joy

No comments: