Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

In effort to be less work-oriented I went to Davis the last two Saturdays. The first time I was able to eat at my favorite deli, Zia’s. The second Saturday I went to Picnic Day. I’ll attach a picture of Katie H and me in front of a helicopter.


After Picnic Day I took Amtrak home. I like riding trains. Not driving is so relaxing.

I think 2010 has been a good year for chemical sales so far. I partially know this from preparing YTD comparative 2009-2010 reports. The other reason I know it is because we get a lot more spontaneous (between typing those 2 words I just spit coffee all over myself) treats that I get to exercise discretion in buying. To celebrate Christ’s death and resurrection everyone got Starbucks and candy filled plastic eggs. Last Friday we got lunch from this café by the office. I really like picking up lunch there for everyone because they have those frequent buyer punch cards and so far I’ve earned 3 free meals. On Monday instead of having our quarterly luncheon at the pizza place that we have to bring our own plates, straws, lemon wedges and trashcans, we get to have it at a real restaurant.


I also like ordering lunch for people because you learn a lot about them. The more I learn about the people I work with the more I am convinced that I am normal and there is such a thing as being abnormal. I will now tell you my favorite order. Tuna Salad (a salad with tuna on top with blue cheese) w/out the tuna or cheese. And why didn’t she want the tuna? Because she brought her own from home.

I guess some people might think I’m weird too. At least 3 lunches a week I sit in my car and eat instant oatmeal. Today I added pecans for a little excitement/protein. But I have really good justifications.
Now to follow-up on things from my last update:
  • I did not go on that weekend trip
  • After some heated debate with Barns &Nobel’s automated customer service desk the majority of my books shipped.
  • I ended up failing at the coupon thing and buying deodorant at Safeway one night at like 9:30

1 comment:

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

Oh Joy, every time I stop by here I laugh. :) You are so funny. I love that you mentioned chemical sales are up on Earth Day. Momma Earth would be so happy to hear that if she were real.
Love you!