Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nine things about my life, written, but not posted, Tuesday night

  1. I am completely exhausted.  I should go to bed soon, maybe I will.  I am fighting change-in-weather-sickness, yes that is the official name.   Then there is the level of tiredness that comes with exhaustion but is more mental.  Like “I’m sick and tired of…”  Right now those three little dots can be applied to a lot of things.
  2. I just made muffins because I had two mealy apples that I couldn’t just throw away because apples are expensive.   The muffins are good.
  3. It has been raining a lot lately and actually cool out most of the time.  Except in the mornings and early afternoons when it is mostly humid.  Yesterday I was tricked into wearing jeans by the massive rain on Sunday.  I finally caught on at 1 when I was walking home from school and all my clothes were sticking to my body.
  4. This is my last week with domestic arts, they are completing their two final projects.  For one project we broke the class up into three groups and then they had to prepare us a meal outside of class.  It was a great assignment; we got three well-prepared meals.  Thursday is their other final project.  They are throwing a semi-formal banquet for selected classmates and teachers. The food should be good there too but a lot more work overall and I have to dress up.
  5. I’ve decided to move.  I don’t know when but I do know where.  Three friends just moved into a house with an unused maid’s quarters.  It is a nice size but doesn’t have a closet, I guess maids never change out of their baby blue and white checkered dresses and white aprons.  I still need to work out a solution for that dilemma.
  6. Living in a maid’s quarters does not necessarily make me the maid.
  7. I designed a stamp so that we can mark all of our library books as ours.  I ordered it today and get to pick it up tomorrow.  So stay tuned for next week’s update with a picture of that.
  8. Today I also went to the market and bought 29 plastic boxes to organize our storage cabinets with.  Then, a summer volunteer group came and did the organizing for me.  
  9. This same group is coming in all month to do activities with the kids and help the program get established overall.  Right now we are open for two hours, three days a week and it has been (except for today) quite the popular hang out.  Hopefully with this new group we’ll be able to get more structured activities.    




No comments: