Friday, September 14, 2007

TGIF

Hello my peeps, I'm sorry if you feel neglected this week but I couldn't figure out what to tell you. I still don't really have anything particularly profound but you've probably have come accustomed to that. First of all, I wasn't to remind you that you can always look at my archived blogs if this one is lame and you want to remember why you read these faithfully week in and week out. Because trust me, some of them are fairly entertaining.

Now onto recent news in my life. September 14th and 15th are Nicaragua's independence days. Yesterday and today I only went to school for a few hours and next Monday and Tuesday I don't have to go at all. This morning my school had presentations, a few students from each grade had prepared something patriotic. It was the usual, preschoolers holding up their letters in the wrong order spelling AIRTAP, and girls dancing in their fluffy white skirts to burned CD's bought off the street. I was planning on taking pictures but wasn't able to take many because my camera is having some issues. Yay for technology.

As for weekend plans my options were paying to go to the beach for 3 days or staying home alone. I opted for not going which says a few things. One, I'm not a huge fan in the first place (the whole sand thing) and you would need to make it amazingly appealing to get me to pay $140. The people that were going are the same people that I do everything with, which recently has become another thing that make trips with them worth less than $140. So now I am at home by myself with no plans and am fine with that fact.

There is a new coffee shop open in my neck of the woods. A family that has a coffee plantation and exporting business decided to continue with vertical integration. I went there last night and this morning, both times for free. The story about the company is really cool. I think it is important for nationals to use their resources to promote economic growth among the lower classes. Hopefully these companies will stay open in spite of the opposition to free market presented by the government. For more details on the lameness of the Nicaraguan government you can research the dispute that was resolved yesterday between the Nicaraguan government and ExxonMobile. Or explain to me why we never have electricity.

You may remember, but probably not, that on February 20th, I sent an posted asking for opinions on the combination of chili and cinnamon rolls. On Sunday the topic got brought up again and it was decided that last night we could try out the combo for ourselves. Basically the final vote was that cinnamon rolls are really good so if it takes a bowl of chili to get cinnamon roles, I for one, am not going to complain.

I learned the card came Eucher this week. It takes me a while to catch onto card games usually but some how my partner and I still dominated two nights in a row. It was quite a relief because I don't know if I was up for being a failure.

Well, peace out, feel free to write out your life story for me since I'll have more than enough free time coming up the next 72 hours.

Love, Joy

No comments: