Monday, August 15, 2011

here comes adventure


I’m moving on Wednesday.  I have today and tomorrow to pack and am not thrilled about the prospect.  Additionally I have a cold, I took Nyquil last night at 6:50 and slept for over 12 hours.  Since I am currently avoiding packing I will tell you what other stuff I have been doing.
2 weekends ago I went to a Giants game with Jenn.  They won so that was exciting.   

This weekend was Katie Rystom’s wedding extravaganza.  I should attach a picture from that but I didn’t take any and am relying on others to send them out eventually. It was great getting to see my college roommates, I don’t remember the last time I’ve laughed that consistently.  There aren’t too many people who think it is a great idea to make nun habits out of plastic garbage bags and wear them in public while singing personalized renditions of Sound of Music songs.
Last Wednesday I finished my career as Dowd and Guild’s ambassador of goodwill.  So far I’ve decided retired life is quite lovely.  Except for the paycheck factor.  Once I get settled in Albuquerque I’ll be looking for a job.
Here are some fun facts about my upcoming move:
I’m moving to Albuquerque to get my MBA at UNM.
It is a 2 year program and I start next Monday.
I’m going to live in a 3 bedroom duplex with 2 other girls, I’ll meet them on Thursday.
I got a bed on Craigslist, $50 including delivery.  Some might think that is sketchy but I think it is a provision from God.  Everything else either is fitting in my car or I’ll be buying it when I get there.
I’m leaving bright and early Wednesday with my loaded up Honda and my sister Julie (sans children).
I have a new address let me know if you want it and then you can mail me something. Maybe you’ll get some New Mexican artwork in return.

No comments: