Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Newness

Those winter days I sat outside and typed this in the sunshine are gone. They have been replaced by spring torrential downpours. My free umbrella did not take well to the wind and, in efforts to fix it, I’m sure I got more wet than if I would have left it closed and made a mad dash for my car.

I got a new job. Or at least I got rid of my old job. I started training my replacement on Monday and she’s already comfortable enough to make personal calls from her desk so I guess that is a good sign? I didn’t get fired or quit or anything I just requested a demotion and it was approved. Starting next week well see what that actually looks like but I foresee a lot of carwashes in the future.

There are lots of benefits that come with this demotion but the main reasoning behind it is to make the transition easier for the company when I go back to school in the fall. Already people are getting a little teary eyed that I’m leaving but I personally think 5 months is plenty of warning. I still don’t know where I’m going.

Last night we went bowling as an office. I am a terrible bowler, really. Fortunately we weren’t keeping team scores so I wasn’t taking anyone down with me. After we finished bowling there was the option of sticking around in the bar/cocktail lounge. I passed. There’s a little too much family history wrapped up in bowling alley bars. And I don’t drink.

I discovered that you can use sick time to go to doctors appointments so I’m all up on my vaccinations and teeth cleaning now. I caught a glimpse of my dental bill before I gave it to the HR lady at work. After my cleaning with the hygienist, I sat in the dentist’s chair to make small talk with him while he counted(?) my teeth (they’re all there), that took less than 5 minutes was $43! Yikes maybe I’ll become a dentist instead of getting my MBA. Except teeth are gross.

What’s new with you?

1 comment:

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

Joy!! How about NYC?? Are you still thinking this might be the place for you? I think so. :)