Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A...B...Christmastime

I really like Christmastime, it is only the first week of December but I’m already in love. Here are almost 26 things that are great about it. I mean the other letters are SO obvious you can fill them in yourself.
Amy Grant. I think I’ve mentioned this before but her “A Christmas Album” is my favorite.
Birth of Jesus, I know it seems kind of cliché but really everything in my life revolves around this.
Costumes. My sister has a costume party every year. Last year I, Peace on Earth, won. Also last year to work I wore an outfit that I thought was normal but got lots of elf comparisons. How can you not love a time of year when it is acceptable to wear red and green and, my personal favorite, GOLD all together?
Decorations. I think I just really like themes because they give order to life. And Christmas is a great theme to decorate around.
Egg Nog. The lattes or straight from carton.
Family Cook-Off. Last year we started a new competitive tradition on Christmas Eve. There is nothing like a little family competition to bring out Christmas Spirit.
Gifts. I’m not ashamed to admit it I like getting gifts (giving is great too)
Hot Chocolate. I petitioned that at my office we have hot chocolate available in the kitchen every Tuesday in December. Offering it on Wednesday was approved I think we will see a noticeable rise in office cheerfulness tomorrow.
I
Joy. That’s my name and the name of the holiday tea at Starbucks and an emotion.
K
Lights! I should be annoyed when people put out Christmas lights the first week of November. But once the time changes, and it starts getting dark early, I’m ready.
Music. I try to not overdo this one because I hear carols will lose their splendor but I’ve been sneaking them in since Halloween and now that is all I listen to.
N
O
Poetry Competition. I hate competing in it because there is just so much talent in my family and I don’t like losing year after year but for some magic reason it is worth it.
Q
Rain. Usually I’m not a big fan but add a roaring fire and a Christmas tree and I’m sold.
Sandwiches. Growing up every Christmas Eve we had a sandwich bar for dinner. To this day sandwiches are one of my favorite foods.
Trees. I just bought 35 of the little live glittered ones from Trader Joe’s for my boss to pass out instead of the classic poinsettia.
U
Vacation. Well I used to like this about December. Now I get one day off which is still better than nothing. More time off is one of the big drawing points of me going back to school.
We Three Kings. Last year this became one of my favorite songs and I still am into it.
X
Y
Z

No comments: