Monday, November 3, 2008

Get ready, it's a poem

Happy November 3, there are 58 days remaining this year, 46 of those I am planning on spending in Nicaragua. After December 19th I am planning on staying in the United States for an indefinite amount of time. But enough of plans and scary future talk, I will now tell you about the library and anything else that I think of, I’ll try to keep it short and entertaining and I’ll add some pictures.

At the library I have about 30 members a day,
And for the most part I like it that way.
A normal day visitors read, color, return and check out books, or play a game.
Other days I’ll read out loud or plan a special craft, I try to mix it up so it’s not all the same.
Although in Nicaragua fall is not marked by harvest or colorful trees,
In October we still painted pumpkins and decorated leaves.
Sometimes I get a little annoyed with “Cristina! Cristina!” repeatedly,
But I guess it is good to know that they need me.
There are a few people that come over the age of fourteen,
They like to bring me CD’s to teach me about the Nicaraguan music scene
Now that my time in Nicaragua is almost at the fin,
I’m supposed to be finding a replacement to be the new librarian.
This week we’re passing out the applications,
And by the 24th I am supposed to be training someone in the details of my position.
That will give me three weeks to catch them up to speed,
To make sure everything is in order before I am freed.
I don’t think I’m ready to pass it of physically or emotionally quite yet,
But I can always come finish after Christmas if not all my goals are met.
Other things are going on in my life too.
This weekend we had a Halloween party, boo.
I am taking a literacy training class, all week from eight to four,
Just one day and I am reminded why I am glad I’m not is school anymore.
I am super exhausted and maybe I can go to bed soon,
It is really early but there is a waxing crescent moon.

So I attached one picture but I can't find the rest,
I think posting library pictures on Wednesday will be best.

No comments: