Tuesday, July 1, 2008

7 more days

I was fairly confident that this summer I was going to be basking in my free time and boredom but somehow my time has been filling up. 

Yesterday was my last day of house sitting, so now I am back in my apartment packing both for my visit to the states and for moving to my new house.    I am really excited about both of these things, coming to the states I get to see people that I have been missing a lot lately, and my new house has a newly painted bedroom.  Thanks to my distaste for painting second coats, and the quality of local paint we have named it “the aquarium.” It’s turquoise and fades in and out a lot but I love it and it’s all mine.

Working for Matthew again has been great.  I am just teaching one day a week but he has been in the states so has given me extra responsibility.  Three girls were here from Florida and for two days I got to chaperone their visits to the school and the feeding program.  Also last week there were two men from Colorado that I met with at the feeding program to show the work that is being done currently and our goals of expansion.  Right now I like the variety of things he is having me do, plus I get a driver that is really nice about running errands with me.

Things at the library are progressing quite nicely as well.  Today I am establishing new rules, such as a minimum age limit.  No more 2 year olds coming in unsupervised and peeing in my chairs. 

This morning I met with a representative from the organization Trees For Life.  If we have two thousand dollars to pay they will pay an additional $3,000 towards purchasing more books and will give us two computers and two printers.  Isn’t that exciting. I’m excited.

But don’t worry in spite of all this work I’ve gotten to play some too.  When deciding what to do here on a normal weekend night there are four options: make dinner in, go out to dinner, watch a movie in, watch a movie out.  Friday night I went out to dinner and watched a movie in.  Saturday night I ate dinner at home and then went to the movies.  Sunday night I ate dinner in and watched a movie in.  Sometimes there is a fifth option of Game Night. That is usually paired with eating in unless you chose to eat out at a place that is casual enough to play a game at.  We haven’t had game night in a few weeks, I like to play speed scrabble during them because card games stress me out. 

During the days there is more variety of things to do but they usually require more preparation.  Often these activities involve volcanoes, the Saturday before last I went to Volcan Mombacho for canopy tours.  Canopy tours are when you strap into a harness and then have someone push you off of a platform and you glide from tree to tree on wire. 


normal


supermujer.   

See a lot of you next week, Joy  

No comments: